Running a successful business can be challenging when you lack the right technology and solutions. An example is data security, and outsourcing the right solutions from an IT services company helps secure your valuable data. These solutions can be categorized into different categories and will safeguard your data and help build brand trust. Here are examples of security solutions to hire from an IT Managed service provider:
These are network security devices that will help monitor and control your network traffic. They help prevent unauthorized access and guard your business’s malicious traffic. Firewalls come in different types, ranging from;
- Packet filtering firewalls– packet filtering firewalls block traffic based on IP addresses, ports, or protocols.
- Proxy firewalls:Proxy firewalls work at the application layer of the OSI model. They work as intermediaries between your internal network and external sources such as websites, filtering traffic at the application level.
- Next-Generation Firewalls:These combine traditional packet filtering with advanced features like intrusion detection and deep packet inspection. They offer a more comprehensive approach to security.
- Host-Based Firewalls:These firewalls are installed on individual devices, for instance, servers and smartphones, to protect them at the operating system. You can configure the firewall to filter traffic for an additional layer of security.
2. Intrusion Detection Systems
Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)are crucial tools for any business. They help monitor network and system activities to identify and respond to malicious or unauthorized activities. IDS helps enhance the security of computer networks and systems in many ways. For instance, you can use the solutions to detect and avert intrusions and security threats in your business.
3. Data Loss Prevention
Data loss prevention solutions help prevent the unauthorized transfer of valuable information by monitoring and controlling data transfers in your business. They help avert data breach leakage and theft and come in various solutions.
- Content Inspection– Content inspections involve regular reviews of company data to identify sensitive information.
- Access control- Access controls limit who can access or modify valuable data in a business.
- Role-based access controls– Role-based access restricts permissions based on job roles and staff responsibilities.
- Encryption-Encryption protects sensitive data from unauthorized access.
4. Antivirus &Antimalware Software
Antivirus solutions protect your company’s data from viruses, worms, Trojans, and other types of malware. They work by scanning files and email attachments for threats and eliminate or quarantine them.
5. Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
SIEM systems are solutions that analyze security events and information in real-time. They play a crucial role in maintaining the security and integrity of a company and will provide a centralized platform for monitoring, detecting, and responding to security threats.
The key components and functions of SIEM systems are;
- Data collection– The system collects data from different sources like network devices, servers, firewalls, and intrusion detection systems.
- Normalization-SIEM solutions normalize the collected data, converting it into a standardized format. This makes it easy to correlate and analyze across different sources.
- Alerting and notification:SIEM can generate alerts and notifications to inform security staff about security incidents.
- Log management:SIEM systems feature log storage and management capabilities, allowing businesses to retain and access historical data for compliance purposes.
Working with a professional IT compny will help improve your data security. While you can hire different services, ensure you are working with experts with a proven track record.